Russian, English, Greek
Konstantin is the founder of Lex Navicus Concordia Law Firm. He has broad experience in commercial litigation and arbitration, marine disputes and insurance disputes, acting principally for the assured, shipowners, and charterers.
Konstantin also had major experience in protecting various foreign and Russian private companies, as well as insurers and shipowners in disputes with state authorities, including oil spills.
- Enforcement of foreign arbitral awards and debt recovery against Russian defendants, including Russian insurers, as well as enforcement of foreign state court judgments, including the US NY Southern District Court judgment, the first US judgment to be enforced in modern Russia.
- Protecting clients’ interests in courts in financial disputes with Russian banks.
- Handling collision and allision cases in courts in various regions of Russia (Murmansk, Vladivostok, Rostov-on-Don) including collision of vessels in ice convoy under pilotage of a nuclear icebreaker.
- Defending cargo, insurer’s and shipowners interests in general average cases in courts of the Far-East region of Russia and in Moscow courts.
- Participating in ship finance and due diligence projects for mid-sized shipowners and major Russian shipowners’ group.
- Collecting evidence of vessel casualty and oil spills, interacting with state authorities, in particular the m/v “Volgoneft-139” oil spill at Azov in 2007; m/v “Unicom Alpha” oil spill in 2010.
- Assisting and advising owners, charterers and intermediaries affected by the collapse of one of the largest bunker suppliers in the world, OW Bunkers.
- Handling largest P&I Claim in Russia (allision of a tanker with oil terminal’s berth)
- Directors’ Liability and Indemnification: A Global Guide; Russia (co-authored with Alexander Mednikov, Anastasiya V Khruleva). GLOBE business publishing. (2007 1st. ed., 2010 2nd ed.)
- International Maritime Law Handbook, Judicial Sales of Vessels and Priority of Claims; Russia (co-authored with Alexander Mednikov) Wolters Kluwer. 2010.
- Article: “Russian State Commercial Court Enforces a Judgment of a US NY District Court” 2012
- Key Changes for Northern Sea Route Regulation. Beacon, SKULD. March 2013.
- Russia’s chapter in the International Comparative Legal Guide to: Shipping Law. Global Legal Group Ltd, London. Editions 2015, 2016, 2017.
- Russia’s chapter in the International Comparative Legal Guide to: Enforcement of Foreign Judgments 2018. Global Legal Group Ltd, London.