Igor Baglaev has been with our firm since it’s incorporation. He obtained his legal experience at a major shipping company, operating primarily specialized fleet, draggers and participating in Sakhalin-1 and Shakhalin-2 projects. Igor frequently protected his company’s interests in courts in disputes with specialized fleet charters and owners, insurers, contracting parties and state authorities.
Earlier in his career Igor had also practiced as a ship registrar in one of Russia’s major ports and handled investment projects in the Free Economic Zone Nakhodka, Far-East Russia.
- Commercial arbitration and debt recovery under construction contracts.
- Handling bankruptcy cases both on the side of the creditor and the debtor.
- Structuring a group of maritime companies for an investor.
- Drafting and administrating contracts for dredging operations and berth construction.
- Legal support of dredging operations at the oil terminal at Kozmino port (Vostochny port, Far-East Russia).
- Drafting contracts and Advising specialized fleet owners contracted by Russia’s oil major, for underwater cable installations between Sakhalin Island and mainland Russia.