Russian, English, Swedish, Spanish, French
Following his bachelor’s and then Master’s graduation from the St. Petersburg State University Faculty of Law, Alexey obtained his Master’s Degree in Investment Treaty Arbitration at Uppsala University in Sweden. He is an active participant and coach of moot court competitions. Alexey specializes in international trade law, investment arbitration, and he practices commercial litigation and arbitration in Russia. A competent translator between Russian and English, Alexey knows 5 languages, and is excellent in cross-border disputes. Alexey has a number of publications on the issues of arbitration and international trade law.
Alexey is an associate member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (ACIArb), and a member of the LCIA YIAG and RAA40.
- Representing a major Russian shipowner in a dispute regarding non-payment for repairs of marine equipment;
- Representing a Russian trading company in a dispute against a Dutch company dealing in heavy machinery;
- Advising a UK law firm on the Russian legislation on ship mortgage;
- (in Russian) ‘Private Standards in the WTO Agreements’: General Characteristic and Market Impact Assessment // The WTO Law 2 (2015);
- Aleksei Drobyshev, ‘ISDS, Moral Damages, Reputational Harm… To The State – A Comment In The Wake Of Lundin’, Kluwer Arbitration Blog, January 13 2017, http://kluwerarbitrationblog.com/2017/01/13/isds-moral-damages-reputational-harm-to-the-state-a-comment-in-the-wake-of-lundin